Unsure whether Instagram advertising can benefit your brand? Well, there’s a 90% chance it will help you increase sales.
There are so many reasons to be advertising on Instagram, from low ad costs to millions of users to be reached.
Keep reading to find out whether Instagram ads area good fit for your company.
If you’re looking for more information about Instagram ads, here are 3 guides to help you:
- Instagram Ads Campaign – The Ultimate 2017 Setup Guide
- Instagram Ad Specs & Ad Size in 2017 – The Always Up-to-date Guide
- Instagram Ads Cost and Bidding in 2017 – Everything You Need to Know
Reason #1. Facebook Advertising is Highly Effective
The key reason brands advertise on Instagram is the efficiency of this marketing channel.
Reasonable advertising costs and a setup process that’s aligned with Facebook advertising makes Instagram ads an easy way to reach a wide audience.
Instagram’s user base is growing at a steady pace. As reported by TechCrunch, in April 2017, Instagram hit over 700 million daily active users.
More and more marketers are finding their way to Instagram advertising.
Social media advertising budgets have doubled worldwide over the past 2 years—going from $16 billion U.S. in 2014 to $31 billion in 2016.
In 2017, analysts predicted a 26.3% global increase in spending for social media ads. If you’re not yet advertising on Instagram or Facebook, it’s not too late. You can set up an Instagram advertising account right away.
2. Instagram Advertising Is Constantly Evolving
If you’ve read about Instagram’s monthly updates, you should know that the platform is updated regularly to provide better user experience (and making advertising there even more efficient).
New campaign objectives, photo filters, influencer marketing features Instagram Story formats… This is only the beginning!
The fact that Instagram is evolving at such a rapid pace means three things:
- Instagram adds new features that let marketers better engage with their audiences.
- The platform is becoming increasingly beloved by its users.
- Instagram is bringing new users on board all the time.
All of this makes Instagram THE platform for testing innovative marketing ideas.
Currently, there are over 5 million business profiles on Instagram, and we sincerely hope your brand is among them.
3. Instagram Audience Targeting Is Best in Class
As you might already know, Instagram ads can be managed in the Facebook Ads Manager, just like the rest of your ads running on Facebook’s platform. (Instagram belongs to Facebook)
Facebook lets you target three types of audiences:
- Saved Audiences – interest-based targeting
- Custom Audiences – retargeting audiences and customers
- Lookalike Audiences – people similar to your other audiences
Each of these audience types gives you plenty of additional options for creating the perfect target audience for your Instagram campaigns.
Explore all the Instagram Audience targeting options to make sure you’re not missing out on something.
Out of Facebook’s 1.6 billion monthly users, the average person spends 50 minutes daily on Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger.
This makes Instagram users highly likely to engage with your ads as well. Especially if you’ll match your marketing offers with your target audience’s interests.
4. Instagram Advertising Is Easy to Get Started With
After you’ve spent 20h learning about Instagram advertising, chances are you’ll have sufficient knowledge to create your first Instagram ads campaign.
Moreover, you don’t need a huge budget to get started, you can get results on Instagram by bidding $10.
Moreover, it only takes around one hour to set up your Instagram for Business account and publish the first ad campaign. That’s a lot easier than creating a Google AdWords or other pay-per-click advertising campaigns.
Facebook Ads Manager’s layout also makes it easy to track and analyze your campaigns, making slight edits when necessary.
5. People and Advertisers Love Instagram
According to Pew Research, 51% of Instagram users access the platform daily, and 35% say they look at the platform several times per day.
Here are some additional Instagram advertising stats that you should know:
- 95 million photos and videos are shared on Instagram per day.
- Currently, Instagram has 1 million monthly active advertisers—up from just 200,000 in March 2016.
- eMarketer projects that Instagram’s global mobile ad revenues will reach $2.81 billion this year, accounting for over 10 percent of parent company Facebook’s global ad revenues.
With these staggering usage statistics, Instagram is a highly engaging social media platform that helps to get your brand lots of attention and engage with new users.
If you’re not yet among the 1 million marketers working with Instagram ads, it’s not too late to get started.
After all, there’s a huge audience waiting to learn more about fascinating brands and influencers.
Simply complete reading the remaining seven chapters of this guide, assemble your marketing team, and start brainstorming for the next big campaign ideas.